Thursday 14 March 2013

Red Nose Day | Nail Tutorial!

Hello everyone, so it has come that TOMOROW is Red Nose Day! If you are unfamiliar with this fundraising day, basically (I think it's only the UK) attempts to raise loads of money for those in need in Africa and also the UK. We revolve loads of things around the colour red, and my school has decided to have a mufti day for red nose day, to raise some money! I thought I would do a nail tutorial showing you and telling you how I done my nails.

The colours you will need are:


A bright red (LA Colours 'moody red'), a white (Natural Collection 'white') & a black(Rimmel 60 seconds 'black out'.


The nail tools & Additional items you might want, are:


Base & top coat(OPI /Sally Hansen 'double duty'/Maybelline express finish), dotting tools and/or toothpicks. Gems are optional!



Starting off now, you are going to want to paint all except your accent nail red. Then, you use the white and paint your accent nail fully with this! Do as many coats as you need to make a full burst of colour. 



On your accent nail, write 'RND'! That's what I've done here. When your doing this, go as slow as you need to.  I used thin dotting tools to do this, and I used black as the writing! I know it is not the neatest but I like it anyway. I put 2 gems on either side, because I felt like it was a bit plain without it.


On your thumb, dot down some diagonal dots. You can do them as big as you want, but I wanted to fit a few in there! It is optional, but you could add tiny red gems on some of the dots!



To finish, once everything is fully dry to the touch, add a good top coat to make it either matte or shiny and to keep in your design!

Thank you for reading everyone, I'm shocked that I have 24 followers! Thank you all so much, have a great evening and Happy Red Nose Day!


5 comments:

  1. Awh this is really cute! :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post!

    As GFC is ending can you now follow me HERE on bloglovin!

    Hazel X
    Whichhazel05.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've linked this post in my blog if you'd like to check out my post about my Comic Relief Nails.

    http://perfectimyours.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/comic-relief-red-nose-day-nails.html

    xx

    ReplyDelete